• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Cheryl

Cheryl

holby.tv Mummy

• Webmaster
  • 3,795 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:20 PM

The BBC Casualty site are planning a similar revamp to the Holby site though I don't know when it will be up.

Our messageboard will always rock and is what their site lacks to keep people going back there regularly. I think the main thing they have over us is their video clips etc which we are not allowed to do but in general I think we release more new info before they do.

#12 Saz

Saz

Is awesome

• Admin
  • 42,614 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:20 AM

Hmm, but even when they did have a message board it was nowhere near as good as this one - there wasn't separate sections or enough people moderating it....

#13 Della

Della

E.D Assistant

• Member (Verified)
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 10:18 AM

In all honesty, when I first joined I thought this was the Official Casualty Website and I only got to know that it wasn't because someone gave a link to the front page of the BBC Casualty Website when they were showing the videos of times gone past, such as the Casualty Disasters and what not.

I have to say that unless prompted by something of interest over there by someone else, I don't visit the BBC Casualty Website at all to be honest. There's much more information over here concerning past and present episodes and of course the Community and I prefer how the news is set up over here too. *shrug*

smile.gif

Mind you my not knowing that this wasn't the Official Casualty Website could be down to my lack of knowledge when it comes to websites and such things smile.gif

#14 Jennifer

Jennifer

Patient Relative

• Member - 50 post trial
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:42 AM

I have a look at the BBC site every now and then but its mainly just for the video clips.

#15 Karla

Karla

~Stanatic~

• Need to pay my subscription!
  • 17,947 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:23 PM

I really hope they improve it like the Holby one soon.
The new Holby one is great!

#16 CLARE

CLARE

Porter

• 729 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:36 PM

I remember that the official Casualty website used to have a comments facility which was just kinda withdrawn for some reason, it's certainly not as good as it used to be. The preview clip for the following episode is the only part of it I access now.

If the site is organised by volunteers, you can understand it not being as professional as it could be but surely the BBC should be ensuring BBC related programme sites a little better promoted/organised.

#17 Sophie

Sophie

Trainee Technician

• 3,033 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

I hate the new look Holby site. I really hope they don't do it to the Casualty one.

#18 Jade

Jade

Patient Relative

• 50 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:44 PM

Oh aye I liked it when they had those quizzes I want them to bring it back. But apart from that I think the website is rather good. It could be better by changing the games every so often but aye I like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users