H&P&L Heaven: Why Are You.....?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Emz_*

Guest_Emz_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2003 - 06:15 PM

Another reson for me is that I never have liked Holly but if you think about it we have made it so you like one or the other!

#22 Kay

Kay

Made in Heaven (or Taiwan)

• Need to pay my subscription!
  • 18,334 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 06:16 PM

i thought u sed u'd never seen an ep!

#23 Celia

Celia

Nurse

• Need to pay my subscription!
  • 10,332 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Horse Crazy Pony mad @ Jun 1 2003, 04:34 PM)
QUOTE (Owens Angel @ Jun 1 2003, 04:21 PM)
I'm a Laraite because I just luv the charcter! I think her and Patrick were great together! I thought Holly was great too though!  smile.gif

Ok this is off topic but wow Owens Angel i love your avatar!

Lol cheers smile.gif It's from a video of me but I had to make it from stills that's why it's a bit jolty - The vid was made up from about 12 stills and I used about 5! hehe laugh.gif Blue Goo put it together and uploaded it for me cool.gif

#24 Laura H

Laura H

Agatha Raisin

• Member (Verified)
  • 17,172 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 07:44 PM

i'm a laraite because i think she was better with patrick and she speaks her mind and dont mind what other people think or her. and also because shes funny, witty, up for a laugh and and single which is always a good think untill merv notices

#25 Bexy

Bexy

Porter

• Member - 50 post trial
  • 884 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 08:29 PM

Well, I'm a hollyite because I think she was (to me) a more believeable character. She seemed very....normal...down to earth...*can't put her thoughts into words* And I think she put some realism into the show.

As for the whole patrick thing: I think Holly and Patrick had something special, that lara and Patrick didn't have!

#26 Guest_frankie steven-daly_*

Guest_frankie steven-daly_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2003 - 10:30 PM

I am a Laraite because I think Lara is a wonderful character with good morals and and a strong personality, and Holly just wasn't an outgoing or strong enough character for me to relate to. Also, I could tell that the Lara/Patrick relationship was true love at it's most passionate. The Holly/Patrick relationship just didn't have the same spark as Latrick did.

Frankiexx

#27 Laura A

Laura A

"I've always been a female all my whole life."

• Forum Host
  • 35,475 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 03:13 PM

i'm a laraite because i think she was better with patrick

Holly was brilliant with Patrick.

and she speaks her mind

Holly wasn't afraid to speak her mind and she did this quite often.

and dont mind what other people think or her.

When was Holly really bothered what other people thought of her?

and also because shes funny,

Holly was extremely funny at times.

witty,

Holly was extremely witty. How's Lara exactly witty anyway? Can't remember a single moment of her being genuinely witty, because in my opinion she's too much minding her own business and doing her thing to actually have time to be witty.

up for a laugh

Holly was always up for a laugh. And wasn't afraid to show it.

and and single which is always a good think untill merv notices

Erm... what?

#28 Laura A

Laura A

• Forum Host
  • 35,475 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (bex cahill-warren @ Jun 1 2003, 11:29 PM)
Well, I'm a hollyite because I think she was (to me) a more believeable character. She seemed very....normal...down to earth...*can't put her thoughts into words* And I think she put some realism into the show.

In other words you're trying to say that Holly was a human. wink.gif With her human imperfections. Not to mention she admitted to herself that she isn't perfect.

#29 Laura A

Laura A

• Forum Host
  • 35,475 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (frankie steven-daly @ Jun 2 2003, 01:30 AM)
I am a Laraite because I think Lara is a wonderful character with good morals and and a strong personality, and Holly just wasn't an outgoing or strong enough character for me to relate to. Also, I could tell that the Lara/Patrick relationship was true love at it's most passionate. The Holly/Patrick relationship just didn't have the same spark as Latrick did.

Most Casualty characters (especially in the past) have had good morals and good intentions. But they also have shown the imperfection of human nature as well. Not to mention, they have showed it in a way which is realistic, and not in the in-your-face type of sensationalism, that some of the things have been carried on during the past couple of series. I didn't mind Holly not seemingly being outgoing. She didn't mind a party though... she liked having fun, but being a doctor she probably didn't have much time to go out to glamourous parties every week...

I could relate to Holly. I'm not such an outgoing person myself, so I don't see the lack of outgoingness a flaw or weakness or a bad trait in a person. Holly was a strong character as herself. She most certainly wasn't afraid to show her vulnerability, except when it came to Patrick and her feelings towards him.

What Holly and Patrick had was magic. It wasn't the typical soap opera romance where the characters feel instant physical attraction towards each other and are quite ready to jump into bed with each other, even if they might first seem to resent the thought and wonder their feelings. Holly and Patrick were not like that. It was deeper than that. It was realistic, and refreshing to see at the same time. Realistic in the sense that for once people were forced to deal with feelings which made them feel genuinely confused. Patrick and Holly's fear of rejection was obvious, and trust me, many people in real life have the same fear, the same fear which may prevent them from even trying to hint to someone that they care. For once, on the tv screen we saw people with reservations and insecurities, people with things in their personality which many times in the media nowadays are considered a "bad thing" in a person. Even though in the end most people have some kind of reservations, they are certain types of self-protection. For once we saw on tv people not having enough courage to go where their heart tells them to go and do. Something many other people feel and go through as well.

I didn't see much spark and magic between Lara and Patrick. What I saw was physical lust. I suppose they cared for each other in a way. They liked and cared for each other enough not to want hurt each other. I still believe that Lara never saw "the real Patrick". The real Patrick was hidden behind those tears caused by Rachel's death. He was shocked. Any one of us would've been.

#30 Bexy

Bexy

Porter

• Member - 50 post trial
  • 884 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Laura A @ Jun 2 2003, 03:14 PM)
QUOTE (bex cahill-warren @ Jun 1 2003, 11:29 PM)

In other words you're trying to say that Holly was a human. wink.gif With her human imperfections. Not to mention she admitted to herself that she isn't perfect.

Yeah! That was the basic gist of it!! Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users