S30 E34 ‘Hello I Must Be Going’ –
(to Zoe) Hi, new doc first day!
Three sons, (Kalen, Carl & Blake)
Prior to joining Holby, Elle is a mother of three teenage boys , who took a career break from medicine to look after them. Elle used to know Jacob from childhood, where she gained the nickname ‘Pancake’ due to her late development. She went on to study at Exeter University.
She returned to medicine to escape the chaotic domestic life but is thrown into the breach everytime she steps in through the ED doors. She is easy going, has an integral medical instinct and an amazing ability to multi task. Her quick instinct and rebellious streak can sometimes lead to arrogance and recklessness, but no one could ever say that she lacks confidence or courage.
Hanssen calls on Elle to keep an eye on the department which doesn’t initially go down well with Connie, doubled by the fact that she gets on well with Jacob. When Charlie is suspended, this also puts a mark against her name with other staff. As acting Clinical Lead, Elle faced a number of further staff issues including Seb’s complaint against Dylan but her relationship reaches a head with Connie following the fateful car crash involving Grace and a later tribunal due to her treatment of a teenage boy with brain damage. When Elle saves Grace’s life when she collapses at the court, Connie admits she blamed her for something that wasn’t her fault but Elle resigns her role of Clinical Lead.
In Series 31, we meet one of her Elle’s sons, Kalen. After a fling with paramedic Jez, he opens up to his mother that he is gay. She is initially shocked but supports him. We meet another of her sons, Blake later on in the series when Elle does a career talk in his school and her son is attacked.
- S30 E34 – Elle finds herself and Zoe taken hostage by drug dealer Shelle on her first day.
- S30 E35 – Connie discovers Elle and Jacob are old friends.
- S30 E37 – Elle finds Big Mac’s stolen pills in Charlie’s locker who is then suspended when he refuses to reveal Big Mac as the thief.
- S30 E38 – Elle is public enemy number one following Charlie’s suspension.
- S31 E1 – Elle struggles in her role as acting Clinical Lead.
- S31 E8 – Connie returns to work but Elle is not sure she is up for it.
- S31 E12 – Elle resorts to bribery to gets results from her team.
- S31 E16 – Elle tells Dylan about Seb’s complaint against him.
- S31 E18 – The GMC visit the department after Connie’s allegation against Elle.
- S31 E19 – Connie convinces a patient to make a formal complaint against Elle.
- S31 E21 – Elle is broken by Connie’s latest complaint against her. Jacob helps to raise her spirits.
- S31 E22 – Elle faces her tribunal for misconduct but after Elle saves Grace when she collapses at the court, Connie drops the case.
- S31 E31 – Elle and Louise are both shocked to learn Jez has spent the night with Elle’s son, Kalen.
- S31 E35 – Elle has her head turned by PC Phil Paterson.
- S31 E36 – Elle witnesses an attack on her son Blake as she goes to do a career talk at his school.