S29 E40 ‘If You Could Bottle It’ –
Staff Nurse/ Clinical Nurse Manager
Are you OK? You hurt your neck? Are you mad?!
Maverick Jacob Master’s unruliness often gets him into trouble. He oozes confidence and uses it to his advantage. He sometimes plays underhand tactics and will push his luck to get what he wants. He can be hot-headed and sometimes struggles to remain professional. But he has a down to earth and streetwise personality which can charm him to patients.
Elle is an old school friend of Jacob’s – and they have nicknames for eachother – Elle is ‘pancake’ whilst Jacob is ‘pudding’ because he was larger in his childhood days and used to take double desserts.
He also had past knowledge of Louise when they both previously worked in St Lawrence’s hospital together.
His first relationship at Holby is with Connie Beauchamp. Someone who she can finally meet her match with. She manages to reel him in and keep him under the thumb. However their relationship falters firstly when Grace disapproves of their relationship and in Series 31 following Connie and Grace’s devastating car crash, Connie refuses to withdraw her complaint against Elle.
- S29 E40 – Jacob makes a dramatic debut.
- S30 E1 – Jacob implements a ‘gun and gangs’ procedure when a gunshot victim is brought in.
- S30 E4 – Connie turns down a date with Jacob.
- S30 E5 – Jacob is accidentally shot by police who arrive to break up terrorists in the department. Connie battles to save him and the pair become closer.
- S30 E7 – Connie pays injured nurse Jacob a visit. But fails to admit her growing feelings for him
- S30 E9 – Jacob returns to work but is furious when he learns the result of the Police Complaint inquiry of the terror attack in the department.
- S30 E10 – Jacob tries to find out the name of the police officer that accidentally shot him when he learns no disciplinary action against him has been taken.
- S30 E11 – Jacob takes a vigilante approach to justice as he sets out to identify the police officer who shot him.
- S30 E13 – Jacob and Connie have an arm wrestling competition.
- S30 E15 – Connie and Jacob wake up in bed together but she is still concerned with her personal life affecting her career.
- S30 E21 – Connie gives her boyfriend Jacob the best gift she can think of for his birthday.
- S30 E22 – Connie and Jacob’s Valentines plans are put on hold when Connie discovers Sam and Grace are in Holby with Tom’s ill girlfriend.
- S30 E28 – Jacobs comes to Connie’s rescue when she is held hostage by a convicted murderer.
- S30 E29 – Connie and Jacob become trapped in a building collapse.
- S30 E30 – Jacob turns vigilante to track down a dangerous drug dealer in Holby.
- S30 E33 – Jacob reveals his fear of spiders, but Lily is on hand to take charge.
- S30 E40 – Connie and Jacob end up getting intimate in a hotel following heading off for a presentation but end up coming across a man stuck in a drain.
- S30 E42 – Connie admits to Grace she’s back in relationship with Jacob. Before her car is pushed off a cliff by an irate mother.
- S31 E1 – Jacob rushes to find Connie when her car overturns on a cliff edge.
- S31 E6 – Elle takes pleasure in winding up Jacob as he prepares for his promotion interview.
- S31 E18 – Jacob stands up to Connie and tells her that she either has to drop the allegation against Elle or their relationship is over.
- S31 E32 – Old wounds are opened up for Jacob, when racist thug Roy Ellison arrives in the department.
- S32 E16 – Elle’s son Blake gets into trouble with his friends when they persuade him to rob an off license. Elle tells Jacob that Blake is his son.
- S32 E19 – Elle reveals to Blake that Jacob is his father.
- S32 E20 – Elle and Jacob deal with Blake who injures his friend Miles in an attack.
- S32 E23 – Elle and Jacob attend Blake’s trial.
- S32 E38 – Sam and Jacob flirt when they discuss which of the ED staff she would be able to beat in a boxing match.
- S32 E41 – Sam stands up Jacob after his son tries to kiss her.
- S32 E42 – Jacob lies to Sam and tells her that Blake knows about their relationship.
- Connie Beauchamp
- Sam Nichols