‘Best Laid Plans’ : Teenager Jennie, who has Khron’s disease is to be transfered to St James’ under new guidelines. Ric, who has treated the girl for a long time is unhappy and her condition deteriorates just as they take her out to the ambulance. Ric feels they endangered her life further. Frustrated with Connie’s new system, Ric realises it is unworkable. He bursts into the board meeting and tells everyone his views. Connie is forced to halt the trial – for now and is unhappy with Michael, saying he was covering his own back.
Owen’s daughter, Katie, is in town for a few weeks and is already getting under Owen and Diane’s feet. Katie tells Diane her marriage to Owen will not last and then tells a patient what she overheard her dad saying. Owen is angry at her daughter’s behaviour – Katy calls her mum to take her home.
Ben decides to take his chances on a heart transplant despite the risks, but is disappointed to learn his body has rejected the new heart.
Shelley goes into early labour and stresses about interference from her mother-in-law. Shelley is taken into theatre, where a c-section is performed and a baby girl delivered.
* Shelley Rose – has a baby girl born by caesarean.
* Ben Rogers – unsuccesful heart transplant.
* Jennie Logan – Khron’s disease
* Georgina Terry plays Katie Davis.
* Louisa Millwood-Haigh plays Shelley Rose.
* Graeme Garden plays Mr Loftwood.
* Katie taunts Diane ‘She [Chrissie] was a lot better looking than you!’
UK Viewing Figures: