S21 E2 ‘China Crisis’ –
‘Supernature’ by Cerrone is playing, as Ange and Tom Campbell-Gore walk in to the hospital
Tom : What flavour is it today?
Ange : Roll up tobacco
Tom : Oh god
Ange : Takes me back to being a poverty stricken F1
Son, Dominic Copeland (who she gave up for adoption) and daughter Chloe Godard (who was conceived after she was raped)
Stubborn and tenacious, what you see with Ange is what you get. She has no-nonsense approach and will always rebel against management if it is in the benefit of her patient. Brought up by her hard-grafting parents in the working class tenements of Glasgow, Ange was told that she could be anything she liked if she worked hard enough. Ange knuckled down, determined to achieve her dream of becoming a doctor.
Ange is brought in at the helm of the new YAU ward. One of her young patients included Holly Cartwright, who is declared brain dead and being aided by a life support system. Ange assists the patient’s family but also advocates for the hospital’s right to remove life support. We also discover that Dominic is her biological son that she had previously given up for adoption, which causes a great deal of stress and trauma for all those involved.
- S21 E2 – Ange makes her debut.
- S21 E3 – Dominic tries to impress Ange.
- S21 E4 – Ange feels the pressure as she works to sell her vision for her Young Adult Unit whilst treating a difficult and vulnerable patient.
- S21 E5 – Ange has her work cut out on YAU thanks to an obstinate teenager whilst we meet her daughter, Chloe for the first time.
- S21 E6 – A concerned Ange tries to make a young patient reconsider delaying vital surgery.
- S21 E7 – Holly’s condition weighs heavily on an emotionally invested Ange.
- S21 E8 – Ange admits there is no hope for her patient, Holly.
- S21 E10 – Ange and Serena clash over Holly’s care and continued life support.
- S21 E11 – As the high court gives its judgement on withdrawing care for Ange’s patient, Holly, the protesters gather outside, leading to disastrous consequences for Fletch.
- S21 E13 – Ange uncovers a shocking and long-buried secret that Dominic is her estranged son.
- S21 E14 – Ange reels from her recent discovery but Dom is also confronted with the life-changing revelations.
- S21 E15 – Being around Ange proves difficult, causing Dom to make a drastic decision about his career.
- S21 E18 – Dom tells Ange he wants to be a proper part of her and Chloe’s lives. In response Ange finally opens up to him, revealing another huge family secret about Chloe’s conception.