During a lively meeting with staff – chaired by Union Rep Charlie and Andrew Ponting, Duffy calls for a demonstration outside a cinema, which is showing ‘naughty nurse’ films.
A law student, Mark Richards, is brought in after convulsing in a library. Baz tells him he has epilepsy, but he denies it and discharges himself. Charlie, sees him outside and gives him a lift, he takes him to breakfast. He advises Mark, who is afraid of fitting in a lawyer’s court.
A pregnant 15 year old, Nuala, is brought in after being knocked down with her bike, by a lorry. She has head injuries and a fractured arm. But the team are more worried by the fact she is a runaway, and where she will go after the hospital discharges her.
The team have a subbeteo contest in the staff room. In the final, Ewart plays an inexperienced Susie – she wins (with a little cheating). Baz sleeps with a Locum Consultant, Ricky Carson, an old friend of hers. In the morning she asks him to leave, and they argue when she says it was a one-off, he feels used. Megan has been to the doctors, she tells her husband Ted, that he said she was run down and gave her tablets. But she seems to be hiding extra fears.
At the demonstration, which Duffy, Susie, Megan and Kuba are at, Clive passes by with his sons to wish them luck. Duffy punches one of the owners; they are late for work, as they’ve been at the police station.
* Mark Richards – law student, who denies his epilepsy.
* Nuala – pregnant 15 year old runaway – hit by a lorry, has head injuries and fractured arm.
* Doris – in wheelchair, fell over in back garden.
* 13 year old girl with appendicitis.
* Drunk needing stitches.
Ambulance pulls into Holby A&E, then shows Charlie heading a meeting.
Charlie : Kick of December 12th, 7 week rehearsal, names of all you budding starlets to Mr Ponting or myself before Tuesday.
Kuba, Megan, Duffy and Susie are in Ted’s cab;
Megan : Honestly, they’d go dying of malnutrition if I picked up a ticket. He couldn’t open a tin of dog food unless there was an instruction manual beside him!
We see them continue to drive over the Suspension Bridge.
* Charlie arranges their next meeting at the George & Dragon pub on Tuesday at 8pm.
* Duffy is going out with Billy, an Aquarian.
* Charlie refuses to go to the march, as he doesn’t agree with censorship – Duffy is not pleased.
* Kuba writes a sign ‘Porn is Cellotape Rape’ – Duffy says ‘I don’t care if it rhymes, it’s wrong!’ He later changes it to ‘Porn is Cellular Rape’.
* Duffy’s sign reads ‘Nurse Reclaim the Night’.
* Ted’s cab at the end reads ‘Holby Cabbies Love the NHS’
* Megan owns a Golden Retriever dog.
* Clive comes past the protest, on the way to see a film with his two young sons. They give their support by shouting ‘Forward ever, Backwards never!’
* Ewart says he was always ‘the fat boy at school who never got picked’.