S21 E2 (24 Sep 06) : Different Worlds (Part Two) by Ann Marie Di Mambro
The ward is in chaos in the wake of the school bus accident and tensions are running high between Harry and the new doctor, Somnang.However Somnang redeems himself when he shows Harry mobile phone footage of the incident which helps determine a school girl’s injuries.
A school boy, Jason, suffers a leg injury. His mother happens to be drunk Grace, who was previously in the department. When their social worker, Maria, is brought in after being attacked, Jason informs Maggie that his mother is the culprit.
Meanwhile, even under traumatic circumstances, Kelsey is determined to play Cupid when she spots an opportunity between the bus driver, Liz, and her friendly neighbour, patient Tommy.
Over in Cambodia, Abs and Comfort help with a difficult birth. They are able to save the newborn but not the mother. Comfort becomes attached the baby and offers to adopt. At first the family agree but when the dead mother’s sister, Ola, arrives, she tells Comfort this baby will be her only chance at motherhood since she is HIV. Comfort tearfully says goodbye.
Charlie’s suspicions are confirmed when he phones Sam to check up on Mike’s background. Duffy is upset that he went behind her back, but things with Mike are not entirely what they seem. Mike suffers a stroke and as he recovers he reveals to Charlie and Guppy how he was struck off after helping his ill mother die and which is why he is unable to return to the UK. Later alone, Guppy tells Mike how he was in a similar situation with his father but his burden is somewhat lifted when Mike says he regretted the decision he made.
After some heated arguments, Charlie and Duffy finally make peace. Charlie reveals his feelings for Maggie to Duffy – unaware that, back in Holby, Maggie’s relationship with Somnang has taken an unexpected direction when they end up kissing in the staffroom.
* Liz – bus driver, injuries from crash.
* Schoolgirl – knitting needle pierced through abdomen.
* Jason Alling – leg injury.
* Maria Jefferson – pushed down stairs and attacked.
* Mike Hornsey – stroke.
* Pregnant woman – dies but her newborn lives.
* John Bowe plays Mike Hornsey.
* Bounsy Luang Thinith plays Somnang Lim.
* Denise Black plays Grace Anning.
* Moya Brady plays Liz Criddick.
* Stephen Marcus plays Tommy Indler.
* After hearing someone called a ‘useless tosser’, Somnang tries to look tosser up in the dictionary. When he then calls Harry one, thinking it’s a kind phrase, it’s clear Kelsey and Sam have given him a wrong definition!
* After Somnang helps save a school girl, Harry tells him ‘Right on the money!’. Later when Kelsey is talking about Grace, who is taken away by police, as being a nasty piece of work, Somnang says ‘Kelsey – you’re right on the money!’
* When Selena spots Kelsey doing a spot of match-making she says ‘Reality check – this is a hospital not an episode of Trisha!’
* Guppy talks to Mike about his Dad, ‘I let him down and that’s hard to live with’, however Mike tells him ‘Doctors here don’t play God – be glad you didn’t Guppy’.
* In the staffroom, Maggie asks Somnang if they can ‘clear the air’ following their earlier spat. After Maggie apologises, Somnang says ‘The air is clear now?’
* When Charlie tells Duffy he’s interested in someone, Duffy says ‘It’s not me, is it?’. Charlie replies ‘Duffy – I wish!’
UK Viewing Figures