As Dan rushes Harvey into theatre after his fall from the roof, Kyla realises that Max saw everything. When she sees that the police have started sniffing around, she tells Max to keep quiet about what he saw. Dan emerges from theatre to tell Kyla that Harvey is dead. Devastated, Kyla breaks the news to Max and when he blames her for what happened Kyla slaps him – in full view of the police.
Later, Max tells the police all about his mum and dad’s fraught relationship and lets slip about what happened on the roof. Starting to believe she’s responsible for Harvey’s death, Kyla tells Max she’s sorry and that she never wanted Harvey to die. But the police have made up their minds: they don’t think Max is safe living at home and want to take him into care. As the police take Max away, Kyla breaks down.
Sam is annoyed to see Connie back at work so soon after the premature birth of their daughter Grace. When Connie refuses to go and see a distressed Grace, Sam’s convinced that she’s suffering from post-natal depression. Later, Elliot subtly persuades Connie to go and see her baby and she reluctantly agrees.
Jac and Joseph attend the Royal Surgeons Association event where an elusive Lord Byrne secretly confesses to Jac that he’s really fallen for her.
Gambler Victor Murch is brought in with a non malignant stomach tumour when a man shows up wanting to claim his debts. Victor continues to make bets despite his ill health.
Patient, Paul Mason is brought in with a tumour on his lung. Prognosis is bad, but Connie thinks it’s operable and makes Joseph do the operation whilst she observes. Meanwhile Donna is concerned by his wife and his abuse of her but she says she can’t leave because she is pregnant.
* Harvey Tyson – dies from major head injuries and internal bleeding.
* Victor Murch – non malignant stomach tumour.
* Paul Mason – tumour on lung.
* Roger Griffiths plays Harvey Tyson.
* Thor Guichard plays Max Tyson.
* Ronald Pickup plays Lord Byrne.
* Jane Asher plays Lady Byrne.
* Andrew Lewis plays Paul Rose.
* Paul Weller’s ‘You Do Something To Me’ plays near the beginning of the episode.
* Feeling helpless, Connie says about Grace ‘She’s in good hands, I’d only be in the way’.
* Maria flashes her underwear to help Victor win a bet.
* ‘We don’t have a relationship’ Connie says. ‘You do – mother and father’ Elliot replies.
UK Viewing Figures