S30 E33 ‘Tangled Webs We Weave’–
Holby City Appearances
(to patient) Are you comfortable?
Ex-wife, Rosa and one son, Ollie. David’s older brother, George, committed suicide when he was 20.
David is a shy, thoughtful and withdrawn man who struggles with the social complexities of the world and always carries a multi-coloured bumbag around with him. Following a two year break from work, he is told he must return which proves difficult. But he’s a good and diligent nurse, who follows instructions well and goes about his job efficiently and quietly and is a great listener. He becomes good friends with nurse Robyn, who is determined to bring him out of his shell.
We later learn that David is divorced from his partner, Rosa and prior to their break up, he kidnapped their son, Ollie, which led to Rosa taking primary care of Ollie and cutting David off. David later admits to suffering from bipolar – and the reason he wears a bumbag is to ensure he takes his medication.
He battles with taking the medication as he feels like he loses his emotions whilst on them. Midway through Series 31 he suffers a manic episode when he comes of his pills and puts Robyn and her unborn baby’s life in jeopardy in the process.
- S30 E33 – Despite his quiet exterior, David impresses staff following his treatment of dying alcoholic Annie (Cathy Tyson) on his first shift.
- S30 E37 – Robyn and David’s mortality cafe proves a success.
- S30 E40 – David is deeply affected by the death of a young heroin addict.
- S30 E41 – David treats faded film star Vera (Rula Lenska) and also discovers some truths about Robyn’s boyfriend Glen.
- S31 E2 – David comforts Robyn who finds out some bad news about Glen’s condition
- S31 E5 – David’s troubled son, Ollie, heads to Holby and his father admits to him he has bipolar.
- S31 E13 – David goes out with the paramedics and finds his courage in this Wizard of Oz themed episode.
- S31 E18 – David struggles to connect with his son as he discovers Oliver is the lead in the school play but hasn’t told him.
- S31 E25 – David sends Ollie to live with his mum in Spain as he doesn’t want Ollie being his carer.
- S31 E26 – David has stopped taking his medication and in the midst of his manic episode, speeds a heavily pregnant Robyn off in his car.
- S31 E27 – David commits himself voluntarily to mental health care, after a manic episode causes Robyn and her baby’s life to be put at risk.
- S31 E30 – David returns to work but hands in his resignation. But Jacob refuses to accept it.
- S32 E1 – David is one of the team that heads to France to help a refugee camp.
- S32 E3 – David comes to the aid of Dylan who takes a fall on a boat.
- S32 E7 – Dylan is forced to being Sanosi into the ED much to David’s dismay.
- S32 E9 – Louise conflicts with Dylan over him smuggling Sanosi into the country.
- S32 E12 – David realises Rash’s nerves are more extreme than most people’s and decides to help the young doctor in his usual unique fashion.
- S32 E14 – David offers to be Rash’s wingman to help conquer his nerves.
- S32 E16 – Rash gets a confidence boost from nurse David, who has taken him under his wing. But Rash’s bubble bursts when his ex, Jesse, arrives in the ED needing treatment and she is not happy to see him.
- S32 E36 – David uses his personal experience to support a grieving mother and daughter.
- S32 E39 – David finds himself at the centre of some unwanted attention when strangers think he’s a perverted criminal after an uncanny photo fit appears in the local paper.