S32 E11 –
F1 / Clinical Fellow
(to his Mum) It’s not my first day, just my first in A&E and I’ll only be observing
Mother, Madia and father, Ashok
Cheerful but anxious doctor, Rashid is the youngest of a large family. His sibling are all high-flyers so he feels he needs to prove himself but doesn’t have the confidence to back himself up. Still living at home, with his overprotected mother, Rash sees his position at Holby a chance to reinvent himself.
Rash starts a relationship with porter Gemma. Despite a few rocky times, it’s clear the pair care about eachother. They plan to go travelling together, but when Gemma’s brother Iain attempts suicide, she feels her duty to stay with him. Rash wants some freedom before doing more medical studies, Gemma and his mum realise they need to let him go. But with Iain’s blessing she joins him later in the series.
Rash returns to Holby at the beginning of Series 34. His mother was dying so immediately returned to be with her. Gemma has stayed on travelling and tells him not to wait for her. Following his mother’s funeral, Rash is abruptly called upon following a suspected terror attack at Holby Market. He insists on helping in the ED. Rash decides to delay his return to work, but when he visits the ED, a young mother asks for his help with her ill daughter and he stays. Rash is assigned as new F1 Mason’s mentor, and leaves him with the mother when his father arrives at the hospital. Mason expresses his feelings about his shift to Rash, who vows that as F1 doctors, they must support each other. However, Mason then complains about Rash to Dylan. Rash and Mason have a tense relationship as Mason doesn’t own up to mistakes he has made and blames Rash. Rash meanwhile, resents Ethan for passing the responsibility of Mason on to him. The pair end in a tense argument that leads to Rash punching Ethan. However the whole team are in shock when Rash finds Mason dead in a store cupboard. Emotional Rash meets with his mother and eventually breaks into tears when a patient hugs him.
- S32 E11 – Rash’s first day gets off to a bad start when his mum nearly runs over Connie in the car park.
- S32 E12 – David realises Rash’s nerves are more extreme than most people’s and decides to help the young doctor in his usual unique fashion.
- S32 E14 – David offers to be Rash’s wingman to help conquer his nerves.
- S32 E16 – Rash gets a confidence boost from nurse David, who has taken him under his wing. But Rash’s bubble bursts when his ex, Jesse, arrives in the ED needing treatment and she is not happy to see him.
- S32 E23 – Rash reveals his secret to Bea that he is a virgin.
- S32 E24 – Rash is a big hit with some older ladies when a number of care home residents are admitted.
- S32 E26 – Rash makes an unfair assumption that Gemma has stolen his wallet. But some of the staff teach him a lesson.
- S32 E28 – Rash’s new-found confidence is tested when he treats a prisoner, who also leads Gemma into danger.
- S32 E29 – Rash tries to conquer his fears and ask Gemma out.
- S32 E34 – Rash is jealous of new porter Rob, who’s a big hit with Gemma.
- S32 E40 – Rash, Gemma and Noel face the wrath of Connie when her goldfish dies in their care.
- S32 E43 – Rash tries to ask Gemma out after getting dating advice from Eddie.
- S33 E3 – Rash’s romantic evening with Gemma is halted when his parents come home early
- S33 E8 – Gemma and Rash plan to spend the night together, but when Rash is sick after seeing her begin to undress, she gets upset and ends their relationship.
- S33 E9 – Rash’s friend Jamila, tries to cheer him up by offering to take him to a medics ball with her, to which he accepts.
- S33 E11 – Rash realises he is still in love with Gemma, and the pair kiss, as a jealous Jamila watches on
- S33 E32 – Following his mother’s admittance to hospital, he decides to go travelling
- S34 E1 – Following his mother’s funeral, Rash jumps in to help following a suspected terror attack
- S34 E2 – Rash is assigned Mason’s mentor but he makes a complaint against Rash on his first shift
- S34 E4 – Rash loses his bike in a bet with Mason over a patient’s condition
- S34 E5 – Mason unknowingly shows Rash the wrong X-ray scan but lies to Dylan that Rash missed the fracture
- S34 E6 – Ethan praises Rash for his work, leaving Mason disgruntled
- S34 E9 – Rash reveals he will not tell Ethan about Mason’s prior errors
- S34 E10 – A heated argument leads to Rash punching Ethan
- S34 E12 – On his final warning, Rash urges a homeless man to get the scan he needs
- S34 E15 – Dylan reprimands Mason for having a big ego, and takes Rash into surgery instead.
- S34 E17 – Rash finds Mason’s dead body in a stock cupboard
- S34 E24 – Ethan and Rash reconcile
- S34 E28 – Rash proves himself as he treats a patient whose undermining partner is a doctor.
- S34 E31 – Rash goes against Connie’s wishes when dealing with a difficult mother of a patient who glues herself to the reception desk
- S35 E3 – Rash strives to get a date with ITU consultant Enalia, who later reveals that she is in an open marriage – Rash declines her advances