‘Invasion’ : Nick is treating patient, Pete Thornton, who is injured following a bike accident. He’s been having an affair behind his pregnant wife’s back and when the two women meet, tensions flare. Pete is unsatisfied with Nick’s bedside manner and asks to be treated by Abra instead. Nick can’t believe his bad luck when Lord Byrne shows an interest in the case and wants to watch the operation with his students. But Nick sways it to show up during the op and impress Lord Byrne with his skills.
Dillon Ellis is back on the wards following his transplant and Sam is furious to learn he is still drinking. Meanwhile, Don Bosman turns up at the hospital wanting to speak to Connie about setting up a trust fund and learns from Chrissie and Sam that the organ donation on his wife went ahead without his consent. When Connie finds out, Sam tries to defend his actions. He is suspended whilst Don has an emotional confrontation with Dillon, who has his wife’s heart. Later Connie tells Sam, Don has withdrawn his complaint, but he still faces an internal inquiry.
Kyla treat a woman, Venitia, who has an arm infection. She claims to have had something implanted in her arm by aliens. Meanwhile Kyla tells Justin she wants things her way – it’s all or nothing and they later kiss.
Ric returns from holiday to learn about Diane’s extended leave and is not happy with Nick.
Written by Len Collin
* Pete Thornton – abdomen injury.
* Dillon Ellis – previous transplant.
* Venitia Jones – arm infection.
* Ronald Pickup plays Lord Byrne.
* ‘Diane left of her own free will,’ Nick tells Abra. ‘Funny I thought I saw a knife sticking out her back!’ he replies.
* ‘Is your grief more important than a man’s life?’ Sam asks Don, trying to defend his actions.
* ‘I’m sorry for being a cow,’ Kyla apologises to Justin. ‘I didn’t notice,’ he says.
* Abra to Nick, ‘You have the charm of a salt encrusted slug!’
UK Viewing Figures